The magnificent San Juan Islands in the Pacific Northwest and the romantic courtship of its owners inspired this Orcas Island treasure. Go to the setting page to view pictures of the 140 acre estate. Come discover this delightful site of many a honeymoon, many romantic evenings. The Gnome House is one of the truly romantic Orcas Island getaway.
Recently upgraded CELL SERVICE on Orcas Island!!
Our rentals have recently been upgraded to Fiber Optic HighSpeed Internet
We designed and crafted the Gnome House to stir up your imagination.
A few of the hand-crafted features:
· ...a wooden spiral staircase with carved squirrel and acorn newel posts
· ...leading to a very romantic master loft with a queen-sized sleigh bed
· ...a fairytale-like Scandinavian alcove cupboard bed with delightful murals
· ...a garden peek-a-boo view sunken tub bathroom
· ...a fine shipbuilder's bay window dining and reading area
· ..surrounded by a flower garden bench overlooking the
· birds [we sing for seeds] and the bees See the photos of this bird watching paradise.
· ... a completely unusual, charming, yet modern full kitchen
· ... a romantic, cozy wood-burning stove
· ... a Scandinavian sofa/double bed perfect for relaxing or guests sleeping
· ...a fabulous, private hot tub spa under the stars
...a large stone fire pit surrounded by seating, for campfires
...an ideal family vacation rental home - parents, children and grandparents love it
Let the Gnome House in the San Juan Islands of WA be your Orcas Island vacation home. You will feel like the owners of this San Juan Islands vacation home rental. You will feel welcome, secure, and inspired. The now famous Gnome House -- what a treat -- a one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted, timber-framed Orcas Island cottage constructed with massive timbers, cedar arches, and hand carved tree trunk posts.
The Gnome House truly inspires every visitor. "..an architectural gem.." "How did you build those arches? " ...never seen anything like this before..." " like a fairy tale..." "..how did you fit that floor to the stonework..." "I would love to live in the Gnome House!"